Tuesday 13 March 2012


Word of the day: Bodacious   (adjective)

Bodacious: A combination of the word bold and audacious. Something outstanding and remarkable.

I was listening to the radio the other day and Nelly Hot in here came on. I was thinking, this is  a song that reminds me of my childhood. Then I listened closely to the lyrics.

“I was like good gracious, ass bodacious”

Bodacious, I don’t use that word enough, so I decided to make it my word of the day. Bodacious it’s got a hippie vibe to it, and whenever I hear someone use that word I automatically picture an middle aged man with long wavy hair held into place with a make shift Alice out of a old bandana , wearing a rainbow coloured vest; open with no shirt on, ripped jeans and flip flops. I think we would all love to see Nelly dressed as a hippie.

Then I remembered that I used to run around at the age of ten singing "good gracious, ass bodacious” … slightly inappropriate for my age, but it was the 90’s, so we’ll let that slide.
 When I used bodacious in a sentence today it was in a much more appropriate context than Nelly’s use of the word.

I said “I wish I was a hippie.”
“Why?”
“That way I could describe everything as being bodacious, even if it’s not and get away with it.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment